Monday 27 February 2012

Burning the Candle!

The only draw back about having time off both days this week-end was that I've been playing catch up to feed the hungry hordes....but it was so worth it! My other passion besides Cooking and Painting is Riding my horse and I'm afraid he took priority this week-end. So I rode most of Saturday and then spent a manic evening replacing the cakes that were eaten. I had so much to do that I was going flat out in the kitchen but as the adrenalin gets going then so does the output of 'puds'. I then take great pleasure in reeling off the amount I've cooked to my husband, I don't really know whether he listens or not but he looks suitable startled and does seem to say 'Well Done' at the right moment.....years of practice I think, (I've taught him well!).

So nobody was left wanting this week-end although I did run out of White Chocolate which was very bad of me as I'd already made the base for the White Chocolate Cheesecake so I then had to do a wee about turn and produce a very delicious, creamy, tangy Lemon Cheesecake instead. I promise that the White Chocolate is first on my Shopping List this week so don't panic my WCC Lovers!

Pecan Pie and Bake-well Tarts this week I think...I'm in the mood XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment