Wednesday 23 February 2011

Really Fruity Flapjacks Welcome 2011!!

Hooray!! The days are at last getting longer, spring bulbs are appearing and every now and then it feels a few degrees warmer...at last!

Its been a while since I did a wee update but I haven't been sitting idle. Jammy Coo has been very busy welcoming customers through its doors this 2011. All the old favourites are as popular as ever...especially, of course our famous Carrot Cake but I always try and sneak a few new one's in every now and then. We're loving the Lemon Shortbread at the moment, its really tangy and moreish and I can't seem to make enough of the Really Fruity Flapjacks!..perhaps its because they sound healthy but they also taste seriously good!

Lindsey and I travelled to the NEC in Birmingham for the Spring Trade Fair at the beginning of February and had a brilliant time checking out all the new products we'd love to have in the JC. It was MASSIVE but well worth the trip, I can't wait for all my customer's to see the new things I've ordered! Details to follow..

As a little boost to your health and happiness I'm going to give you my Fruity Flapjack Recipe...enjoy they are delicsh!!XX

Really Fruity Flapjacks

5oz Butter
2oz Soft Brown Sugar
5 tablespoons Syrup
8oz Porridge Oats
Pinch of Salt
2oz Dessicated Coconut
2oz Cherries
2oz Sultanas
1oz Craisins (Dried Cranberries, they're delicious)
3oz Chopped Dates

Melt the butter, sugar and syrup together and then when melted add all the other ingredients, stir them well together and press them into a lined baking tray. Place in a pre-heated oven of 170 C for 25 minutes. Done!

Try and wait until cooled slightly before cutting into squares and when you do eat them you'll feel so good about yourself. If by any chance you don't like any of the added ingredients just substitute for something you do like!

Love DeliaXX

No comments:

Post a Comment