Thursday 17 June 2010

Brand New Jammy Coo!

I'm so excited about my sparkly new website! It's brilliant, and all thanks to the talents of two gorgeous and very clever ladies...Vicki Gausden (illustrator extraordinaire!) and Holly Surplice (my illustrator sister!). Thank you, thank you, thank you!

So this is all pretty new to me, I'm not great with the old computer, but I do like having a bit of a chat and I am really looking forward to keeping everybody up to date with the goings on in the Jammy Coo and the Jammy Coo kitchen...

So today I've got the usual cakes and soups on the go, ready to go fresh out to the Jammy Coo counter. I've also got a Chocolate Torte to do for tonight, a cake to takeaway...it's delicious but extremely rich so I hope its for sharing!! The JC was pretty busy yesterday, we've had a new delivery of cards (always so exciting!) and myself and Kelsey (brilliant employee!) had great fun going through them and putting them out on display - they look great.

Tried a new combination of loaf cake yesterday! It has Pecans, Dates and Dark Chocolate Drops in it...of course I had to taste-test it, just to be sure! It's pretty good, so good that I'm going to have to make another one because there ain't much left, whoops...I feel an aerobic workout coming on!

If you'd like to try it and see for yourself, its very easy:

Preheat oven to 170 C

2 pint loaf tin
4oz Dates
1 ripe banana
4oz softened butter
4oz brown sugar
2 eggs
4oz ground almonds
6oz self-raising flour
1/4 pint of milk
2oz dark chocolate
3oz pecan nuts

Chuck all the ingredients in an electric mixer except the dates, pecans and chocolate and whizz everything all together until smoothish. Add the remaining items and whizz VERY briefly and then spoon into tin, sprinkle some pecans on top of mixture and bake for about an hour. Out the oven and turn onto a cooling rack. Once cool, sprinkle with icing sugar and ENJOY!

Do let me know how you get on with it!
Love Delia xx

No comments:

Post a Comment